Keeping warm by the fireplace

It is almost time for lunch and I think I am going to have something different today.

I usually eat the same thing every single day for lunch, tuna with a big salad, but today is Friday and I am feeling a bit crazy so I think I am going to go buy a hamburger and treat myself a bit.

I normally don’t eat meat but eating it once or twice a month is not going to be a problem with my health. I think a bigger threat to my health would be my house burning down from a fire, and so we will talk about fireplace safety. A fireplace can be a beautiful and cozy addition to a home, but it also poses a number of dangers if not properly maintained and used. One of the biggest risks is fire from sparks, which you don’t get from a normal HVAC system. A spark from the fire can ignite nearby combustible materials, leading to a house fire. It’s important to have a sturdy screen in front of the fire to prevent sparks from escaping, which can be purchased at your local business. Another danger is carbon monoxide poisoning, which can occur if the chimney is blocked and the poisonous gas builds up in the house, which is not a problem with electric heaters or space heaters. But this gas can be lethal and is often referred to as the “silent killer” because it is odorless and colorless. To prevent this, it’s important to have the chimney inspected and cleaned annually by a certified HVAC specialist. Another potential hazard is creosote buildup, which can cause a chimney fire if not cleaned regularly. Finally, it’s important to keep anything flammable such as curtains, furniture, or rugs away from the fireplace to reduce the risk of fire. By taking these precautions and being vigilant, you can enjoy your fireplace safely and without worry.



a/c care program